Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Blue Tulips

Hello Friends and Happy Wednesday!  It's the 1st Wednesday of the month and that always signals a new challenge month at The Paper Funday Challenge Blog.  Our generous sponsors this month are Newton's Nook and QKR Stampede.  The Optional Twist is:  Lot's of Layers.

For my project, I've used the sweet Tulips Stamp Set from Newton's Nook.  I've not personally seen blue tulips, maybe there are some in Holland but in the crafting world, we can create any color of flower we want!


I've been trying to expand my skills with colored pencils and not always grab my alcohol markers, so I've colored this image with my Prismacolor Pencils.  I've kept the design sweet and simple, after coloring I lightly blended blue ink over the background.


Before mounting the panel on a black mat, I splattered with diluted blue and white ink sprays.  Lastly, I've added blue gems for a bit of sparkle and shine.  We hope to see you at The Paper Funday this month.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:






11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Donna - love your blue tulips!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blue tulips are lovely! I have the same problem as you, not using other things to color with besides my alcohol markers, your colored pencil work looks great. I need to follow your lead and get out the colored pencils, water color brushes, etc., I didn't buy them to sit in the drawer forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful the tulips on your card. Love the background you have created.
    Thanks for joining the challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
    Karin DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna:
    This is gorgeous. I love the blue. Thanks so much for stopping by to share with us at Word Art Wednesday. I always appreciate it and always enjoy your amazing cards.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I went to Paper Funday to play along. What a FUN challenge. I was unable to find the Linky tool. It said it was expired. Please let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks so much. I look forward to playing along.

      Delete
  5. If there are any blue tulips, I would want them to look like these Donna, so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Donna this is a very beautiful card.
    Love the fantastic blue background and lovelyblue tulips.
    Thank you for joining us at carlin's kaartenparadijs.
    Good Luck !
    Carla (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh blue tulips look so lovely, as does your pretty card. They can dye them any color, and so can we, lol. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card.
    Thanks for sharing at 2Sistersontheblog.
    Nicolette DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card Donna! Love the tulips and the background. Great CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely project.. thank you so much for your participation in the CRAFTS GALORE ENCORE challenge. ❤️ DT KOYEL

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!