Monday, January 30, 2023

Just Start

Hello Friends and Happy Monday!  I hope your weekend was great and you found time to do activities that made you happy and creative.  I have a quick project to share using the Simon Says Stamp Stamptember 2022 Collab set with Pink Fresh Studio named "Just Start".   The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp "Love You Greetings" Set.

This is the first time stamping this set and it's a gorgeous bouquet of roses with another smaller set of florals for a corner placement and it's also the first stamping for the sentiment.

My crafty friend Donna Ellis from Creative Smiles and I were talking about the color Orange.  This is a color that's not in my wheelhouse of favorite colors. I gravitate to pinks and purples with the occasional blue, however we decided we should step out of our comfort zones and use it.  This is my result.  


I also want to expand my Colored Pencil technique.  I love my Prismacolor Pencils but always default to alcohol markers, so I've made a conscious effort to color this image with pencils.  Coloring with Pencils is a slower process than coloring with alcohol markers.  If you want a nice, relaxing coloring session, then pencils are a good choice.  If you need a "in a hurry" coloring job - pencils are not a fast medium, however let me say that coloring with pencils is not difficult, you just need to build layers slowly. I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed this coloring session and found it quite relaxing.

If you're looking for great inspiration and instruction on colored pencils, let me suggest Coloring Bliss.  She provides instructional and informational videos on You Tube and she has a lovely personality.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:










7 comments:

  1. Your orange creation is pure gorgeousness, Donna! I love that you were able to combine so many virginal stamps in this lovely card. My orange project won't be published til mid February, but I'll refer back to your card! You have outdone yourself, and I think we should challenge one another again, to try a color we don't usually use! huggers,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get out of your comfort zone more often Donna, this is gorgeous, love your beautiful colouring. I love the colour mix of orange, blue, green and black. Super result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pencil colouring Donna, and a beautiful card!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Donna, your coloring is so smooth and creamy. Beautiful card. Because of my Arthurs, I am slowly losing control in my fingers and try as I might, sometimes I get jerky then go out of the lines. I do love pencil coloring though, so may need to come up with my own style of it, heehee. I emailed you with some questions last night, hope you got it! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious! Love your elegant card. Thank you for choosing to enter your project at Polkadoodles.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Donna! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!