Monday, February 20, 2023

Peony Blooms

Happy Monday!  Wow, the weekend flew by...I hope yours was enjoyable.  Before I get to my project, I wanted to send good thoughts, love, hugs and prayers for all those affected by the Chemical Spill in Ohio, Cyclone and Flooding in New Zealand and Earthquakes in Syria/Turkey.  

Today is the mid-month inspiration post for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.  Jan has released 3 new sets this month:  Peony Bloom, Let's Go Fly a Kite and Lil Chick-A-Dees.  Also, there is a huge Easter Sale, all Easter Digi Sets on Sale for the month of February.

My project today features the Peony Bloom digi set.


I have a Peony Bush in my garden that produces the largest, soft pink blooms so that was my inspiration for this CAS design.  I've taken both images from the set and colored using Prismacolor Pencils.


The card measures 5.5" square and sequins have been added as a final touch.  The sentiment is also from the digital set and it's quite appropriate for this time of year; a nice reminder that Spring will come...eventually.

I hope to see you at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge this month.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Dream Valley





14 comments:

  1. Beautiful deep pink shading in your beautifully pink-hued creation. Loving the overlapping flowers and how the closer image is brighter and lighter than the background flower, Donna. Did you notice my blog post has a shout out to your blog today? It was fun challenging each other. We need to do that again! Your card is pure pink perfection!
    Crafting Hugs,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Donna! Your coloring is fabulous, like the splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and beautiful Peonys and beautifully coloured.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Donna - I too love peonies, and my friend gifts me a bunch from her garden each spring.
    Thank you for you thought for our cyclone victims - it's been devastating time and will take years to fully recover - we had strong winds and rain, but very little damage in our town, mainly trees down.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Peony image and lovely colouring Donna. Sadly Peonies are not keen on our soil in this part of the UK and try and I have they never thrive.

    Thanks so much for joining in our February challenge at We Love Stamping.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Peonies. I love these pink ones. My own are dark red.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful - the colour is amazing. Thanks so much for taking the time to join us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love the pretty flowers and lovely coloring!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
    https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, the pretty flowers and the color is gorgeous! Thank you for playing our Clean and Simple Challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Happy Crafting.

    Leanne DT Member/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fresh and pretty card!
    So pleased to see your entry here at Creations in Pink.
    This is a lovely project.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jackie DT @ Creations in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Back again! I just can't keep away can I?
    Still awesome!
    This is a great project!
    We always love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
    We really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! Pretty card. Lovely colours. Thank you for joining us this month.
    Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT
    https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous flowers and a very true sentiment! This winter has felt very long to me!
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Super sweet picture.
    Thank you for joining the Dream Valley Challenges. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!