Monday, March 6, 2023

Inspiration Station March Challenge

Hi Crafty Friends and Happy 1st Monday of March.  Today sees the start of a new challenge month at The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog.  The inspiration photograph is quite fitting for this month:


I was inspired by all the green in the photo, not to mention St. Patrick's Day is coming up so I went with an Irish theme and colored this sweet little red headed lass from Star Stampz using Prismacolor Pencils. 


The papers are snippets from a digital paper pack, from where escapes me.  The sentiment is from Cardz TV and the gold sequins are from my stash.


I was attempting a new flesh tone combination and to be honest, this poor lass looks a "little green 'round the gills" as my Daddy used to say to us kids when we had stomach viruses.  I was going for that reddish, Irish complexion...next time I'll stick to what I know.

The Inspiration Station Challenge is also teaming with The Double Trouble Challenge from today through the 19th of March.  Please visit their challenge and play along in their "Pinch Proof" Challenge.  You can find their challenge HERE.


That's all for now, I'll be back in an hour to share another design team project!  Until then, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Park Hopping My Happy Place - Merida at Fairytale Garden Magic Kingdom Disneyland 









22 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Donna. Sweet image and I love that you made her a ginger. Beautiful coloring and fun background paper. Thanks for sharing at Colorful Options March Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design. I love the papers you've used and how you've played with them to create the layers. That stamp is super cute. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the colours of the main image reflect the colours in the backing papers perfectly. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling, sweet, colorful St. Patrick's Day creation, Donna, and wonderful take on the inspiration board! It FEELS Irish!
    hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card and beautifully crafted! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. My teamie Jocelyn has said exactly what I was going to say LOL! A beautiful card.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That girl is so cute!!! I love what you did with this and the paper you used goes perfect with the colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! The hair on your little lady--what awesome coloring!! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing at Inspire.Create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's adorable, Donna. As always, your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent pencil coloring, haven't done pencils in a long time, just sitting in stash... I'll have to pull them out. Adorable image and great match of colors on your bold patterns. Love it all. Thanks for sharing with us your DT card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and I love the zesty colours. Such a cute image too, I wish I had her hair! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, what an adorable card with your little Irish lass! Love all the wonderful colors and how green ties all the elements together!! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna (from Idaho)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully coloured card, and the sweet image with the shamrock
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful card! I love how you've pulled the colors from the patterned paper into this darling girl. Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options!

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! 💚💚Your coloring is fantastic! Love all that red hair! She reminds me of Merida; I’d love you to share this on Park Hopping My Happy Place. Merida is found at the Fairytale Garden in the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week. Join at https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/ or with #parkhoppingmyhappyplace on Instagram. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Your little girl is darling! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing with Outlawz Songs and Rhymes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes. Hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful creation Donna! Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft and Create.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card, Donna! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #133.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable card. Love the bright colors. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!