Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Paper Funday Challenge #53 - ATG

Hi Crafty Friends!  Today begins a new challenge month at The Paper Funday Challenge Blog.  Our themes are Always Anything Goes with an Optional Twist.  The Twist for May 2023 is Emboss It! - either heat or dry.

For my design team project, I've used another decorative napkin from my stash.  I am so proud of myself for shopping my own stash, it's amazing I have all these wonderful things to use.


This card played double duty , one was for the challenge and the other was, unfortunately, to send.  A friend of mine lost her granddaughter to Huntington's Disease 2 weeks ago.  The young lady was only 18 years old and was diagnosed with Juvenile Huntington's at the age of 8.  You can read about Huntington's Disease HERE.

After adhering the 1st layer of napkin to the card panel, I've embossed with a basket weave embossing folder and die cut the bird using a nesting oval die.  I also die cut the sentiment using a stitched oval die and added a gold thread bow and nest behind the sentiment. Lastly, I've added clear gems for added interest.


The embossing and other card details may be easier to see in this photo.  I am planning more napkin cards soon, they make quick and easy cards, and I have more gorgeous designs.

Please stop by The Paper Funday Challenge and check out what my teamies have created using the Twist of Emboss It!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:


  



15 comments:

  1. W
    hat a sad card to have to make, but you have made a beautiful one using your napkin. A wonderful sentiment also
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sad circumstances to have to make this card, however it is beautiful, and I'm sure much appreciated for the care you took to make it Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, your friend will be warmed by the beauty of your words on the inside, as well as the beauty from your napkin creation. Your stash contains stamps with the loveliest sentiments! Beautiful card. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card, Donna. Love the bird! But so sorry you had to send the card :(
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card and that sentiment couldn't be more perfect for your dear friend. Art and nature can convey peace and comfort when those words just aren't there... a wonderful reminder for all creators. Thanks for sharing with us at a Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Donna. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. I always appreciate your participation in our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using a napkin?!? GENIUS! Such a great idea... Love the card and thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card and beautiful words. SO glad you shared your bird with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! Thank you for playing at Penny's Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure your friend appreciated such a lovely card during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful masculine card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room challange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic animal card. Thank you for joinig us at The Male Room. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Donna. Condolences to your friend for her loss. Thank you for entering the Inspired by Nature Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic card :-))
    Thank you for joining us at The Male Room ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!