Thursday, June 15, 2023

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge #6

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Thursday!  Today begins a new challenge month at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog. The theme is Always Anything Florals Goes and florals must be the focus of your project.  There is also an optional mood board provided that you can use for inspiration.  This month's mood board follows:


For my card this month, I've taken colors directly from the mood board to create my card.  I've also used the collaboration set from Altenew/Simon Says Stamp titled "From the Rose Bush". 


To start, I played with Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Ink Sprays and a doily stencil from Uniko.  I sprayed through the stencil with the ink sprays and set aside the panel to dry.  

I stamped the rose layers with Catherine Pooler inks and die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I've ink blended some leaves and decided to leave some of the foliage black and white.


I've matted the panel with black card, popped the rose in front on craft foam for dimension and added iridescent gems for added interest.  I've also embossed the green leaves with a Swiss Dots embossing folder.  Lastly, I reached for my little box of pre-cut sentiments and found the "Hello" cut from the perfect color of card.  It has been adhered flat to the panel.

Please stop by the challenge and see the lovely projects my teamies have created.  You will be inspired by all the beauty.  And please join us by sharing your projects, we love visiting everyone and being inspired by you!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:







10 comments:

  1. Stunning work Donna - love your alternative colours of the roses, and the sprayed doily is the perfect background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend and I love the stenciling in the background ... what a clever design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stencilled doily and beautiful roses
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, what a great use of the lovely image - to layer the roses with other flora between them! Your colors and shading are beautiful! Such a brilliant card, and so vibrant!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing your creation with us at C4Galz die cut challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, Donna, your card looks beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Donna!! The doily stencil under the beautiful florals is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! A stunning card, loving your background work, vibrant colours are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, your card is awesome and breathtakingly gorgeous. Your coloring of the roses is perfect. I am so happy I saw it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!