Monday, June 5, 2023

Love and Friendship - Inspiration Station Challenge #50

Hello Friends and Happy Monday!  Today begins a new challenge month at The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog.  The inspiration prompt this month is a gorgeous sunset/sunrise photo and it can be interpreted in so many ways.


For my team project this month, I shopped my stash and decided to use the "Sittin' Tree" Stamp set from Maymay Made It and Distress Oxide Inks to create a background design that was completely inspired by the scene in the inspiration prompt.


To start, I've ink blended the background using distress oxide inks that I felt would make a nice sunrise/sunset color palette.  Once the ink was completely dry, I stamped the images directly on the blended panel.  *TIP:  Before stamping on a blended background, make certain the ink is completely dry, otherwise you will find yourself stamping and stamping to get a crisp, dark image.  Ask me how I know this :)  

This stamp set has different types of foliage for the tree.  I've chosen to use the tiny blossoms and I've painstakingly dotted each one with a white Posca Paint Pen.


The ready made sentiment strip is from Simon Says Stamp.  These are nice for quick and easy sentiments, all you have to do is trim them.  And the black background can be heat foiled too.  No bells or whistles were added to the card as I thought the scene was busy enough.

Please stop by the challenge and join in.  We always love seeing how the photo inspires everyone.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Inkspirational - Summer
AYLI - I prefer Bright colors and don't have a reason - maybe because they make me happy






9 comments:

  1. Your sunset (or sunrise) looks amazing! Such a beautiful scene!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ink blending to show off the silhouette. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful background, beautiful silhouette and sentiment stamps. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Donna! Dotting all those flowers must have taken ages but it was worth it because it makes such a beautiful tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a sunset. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors and wonderful tree image...nicely done, thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love the black image against the sunset colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous bright colours on this pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Ayli challenge. Hugs, Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your seamless, pretty ink blended background is perfect for the silhouette tree sporting the sweet little blossoms. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!