Monday, August 7, 2023

Jan's Digi Stamps August 2023 Challenge

Hello and Welcome Back!  Today starts a new challenge month at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge Blog.  Jan has released 3 new sets for this month:  Pretty Posies, Dog Days of Summer and Back to School.  For my team project today, I've used the Back to School Digi set and created a Clean and Simple card for my neighbors (who are husband and wife - and both teachers).


I've colored the image using Prismacolor Pencils and cut the focal panel using a stitched rectangle die from Kat Scrappiness.  I've kept the design simple, using only a black mat for contrast.  The sentiment is included in this digi set as well.


This is a sweet and nostalgic image, which Jan draws so well.  I, personally, never carried my books wrapped with a strap, and book bags were not in fashion when I was in school so I carried them in my arms.  At times, there were many books and I had great upper arm strength!  How about you?  Strap, Book bag or arms?

Stop by and visit us at the challenge, we love seeing everyone's creations.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:












12 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Donna. It took me back to my late Father who was a Maths teacher and a Headmaster. Strict times at home.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this CAS design, such a wonderfully traditional back to school image. (I was an arm carrier too!) Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful image and you have really let it shine, here Donna - a fabulous card, CAS and stunning!!
    I had a small suitcase style school bag which I could balance and clip onto the carrier of my bike... or just plain carry if I chose to walk :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I think you're right, Donna. I know we didn't have book bags or backpacks and I didn't use the strap situation, so I must have just carried them. Maybe that's why we wrapped them in brown paper bag paper ... because we were always dropping them on the sidewalk! Thanks for the look-back and sharing this perfectly colored book card you made for your teacher neighbors. I'm sure they loved it! And thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great image for this occasion. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right the image needed nothing more than your black and white layers. I had a leather satchel for books, it was a complusory item for grammar school.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great coloring on this wonderful image. Like you, I never used a strap or book bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great CAS card. It was a satchel for school books when I went to school. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card for a teacher, I had to have satchel for my books
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun teacher card! Lovely composition! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is perfect for this challenge. simply fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Outlawz Twisted Thursday. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs, Berni DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the coloring! Looks fantastic! Perfect card for the August Twisted Thursdays Challenge at The Outlawz challenges! Thank you for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!