Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Beautiful Blossoms August 2023 Challenge

Hello Friends and Happy Tuesday!  It's the 15th of the month and that always signals a new challenge month at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.  The challenge theme is Always Anything Florals Goes with an optional mood board (should you want to use it).  The mood board this month contains one of my favorite flowers and inspired my design today.


Using the "Like a Sunflower" Clear Stamp Set from Sweet 'n Sassy, I've created a sweet and simple card featuring a large Sunflower Head and lovely sentiment.


This image (the set has more than 1 sunflower image) is created as half a sunflower head so I stamped it at the edge of my focal panel, and colored the flower using Prismacolor Pencils.  The only bells and whistles added were touches of Wink of Stella on the flower and the blue gems.


Lately, I've been trying to perfect my CAS technique.  Usually, I don't know when to stop, but lately it's been oppressively hot here, we've been busy with travel and I've not had loads of time in the craft room.  Creating clean and simple designs has given me the opportunity to meet design team deadlines and the stress relief needed from this busy, hot Summer!

We hope you'll visit us at the challenge and share your floral projects.  We always love seeing everyone's creativity.  Until next time, Stay Cool and Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
SSS Monday Challenge - Fav Technique is coloring with Pencils
Sweet Stampin' - Song "Sunflower" by Neil Diamond
 












10 comments:

  1. A lovely sunny design Donna, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous coloring and design!!!
    Thanks for popping over to say hello on my entry, means alot. Thank you for being a part of the DT and creating and continuing to inspire all of us players!!!
    -HUGS
    -Kimberly @ Wienerhoneymooners

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab sunflower, I love the off the edge effect.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great CAS design and I love the added touch of blue color to the sunflower colors! Beautifully crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so gorgeous! Great song inspiration! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Sweet Stampin' for our 'Inspired by a Book/Film/Song challenge. Love what you made! Hugs, Wends xoxo SSDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely card, and the sunflower looks very pretty. Thank you for participating in our monthly challenge with Corrosive Challenge Blog¡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cas card☺️💐
    Happy day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, and perfect for out challenge. Great card. Thanks for joining us as The Crafter's Café this month for our Colours of the Garden challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna I love your idea of half of a stamp. What great creativity. Thanks for joining us over at Crafter's Cafe. Best of luck, Jana DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!