Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Crown Blooms

Hello Friends and Happy Tuesday!  I hope your week is smooth sailing thus far.  I have a quick share for today featuring the Crown Bloom Stamp Set from Altenew.  This is a "new to me" set that I've had in my stash and today was the inaugural inking!


I've attempted to create a card using an Autumn color palette, the background has been ink blended using Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide ink and embossed with the This Plus This Embossing Folder from Spellbinders.  After the ink dried, I've splattered with water and white acrylic paint from a Posca Pen.

The florals and leaves in this set are layering stamps and easy to line up; I've stamped them using Catherine Pooler inks.  I've trimmed the panel corners with a corner punch and matted with a panel of burgundy textured card.


I've fussy cut the images and adhered flat to the embossed panel, only popping up the sentiment strip on foam pads, but not before adding some gold thread behind for additional interest.  Lastly, I've added brown sequins from Studio Katia.

That's all I have for you today.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:








 


3 comments:

  1. such a fabulous card, Donna - love the autumnal colours, and the touch of thread is perfect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layering stamp! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I love the colors you used to color the flowers. They look like a very bright autumn day. Great design paper for the background. These cut edges accentuate your card in a special way, as do the sequins.
    Thank you very much for taking part in the current Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!