Sunday, September 17, 2023

Happy Birthday to My Sweetie

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Sunday!  It's my darling husband's birthday today and I'm sharing the card I've made for him.  Yesterday, I had a difficult time creating this card as he kept coming into my craft room and I had to hide the card in progress.  I finally requested he stay out for at least 30 minutes....poor guy!


I was completely inspired by a card created by Natasha Foote on You Tube.  I have loads of scrap patterned paper and thought snippets from the Bo Bunny "Garden Party" 6x6 paper pad would make a nice masculine card.


I've cut 1.5" squares and adhered Baker's Twine on each to represent gifts, tied bows and adhered with mini glue dots, then popped each parcel on craft foam for dimension.  The embossed panel is a leaf print and the sentiment came from my sentiment box (I keep a box of sentiment strips already done up).  The sentiment has been popped on craft foam and 2 black gems added to represent rivets or nails or something masculine.

Have a fabulous Sunday and week ahead.  It's time for a quiet birthday celebration at home with the family, complete with a Steak and Potato Dinner, Cake and Ice Cream afterwards!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Night Owls - I love using scraps of patterned paper and my husband!
Love to Craft







10 comments:

  1. That´s a beautiful project. I like the layout and the different papers.
    Thank you for linking up at Nachteulen Challenge!
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card, Donna. Lovely idea to use snippets and turn them into little gifts. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your husband!! What a fun card you created for him, such a great way to use up some pretty papers! I am sure he loved it!!
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at I spy with my little eye this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super masculine card - love the little bows! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday and Dragonfly Dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely use of the DP's in the bold patterns, sure hubby loved it, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and following the masculine optional theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a lovely design and I bet your Husband was delighted with it. Thank you for sharing at allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect Donna, love all the little parcels and papers. I'm sure he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the papers and this great layout. Oh this gives me ideas for using up more of my paper scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This a beautiful Card, thank you for participating in the Challenge Up Your Life, Hugs Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project Donna! I love these little parcels. A great way to use your scraps of designer papers! Very special! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge.:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!