Saturday, September 16, 2023

Layering Mums in Rattan Basket

Happy Saturday Friends!  We've made it to the weekend and I've spent this lazy Saturday crafting.  I've not had much time lately to sit and relax with my papers, inks, dies and stamps so it feels good to be creative.

Today I'm sharing an Autumn card featuring the Lovely Layers Mums and Rattan Basket Die Sets from Honey Bee Stamps.  I'm ashamed to say I've had these sets in my stash from last Autumn and this is the first time using them.  The larger than life die cuts make a dramatic focal on a card!


I've die cut the florals and leaves from white card and ink blended shades of lilac and orange inks, the Rattan basket was cut from Kraft card.  I've added shading to the basket with a medium shade of brown ink.  The Lilac colors are much richer in person, no matter how many photos I took, I could not get the purples to show properly.


I've arranged the florals and used a trick to keep it all together once I liked the placement:  Glad Press 'n Seal Plastic Wrap. You pick up the bits with the sticky side of the wrap and it stays together so you can place it.

Lastly, I've popped up segments of the flowers and leaves on foam pads, curled the edges of the leaves and petals and splattered everything with white Posca Pen paint.  The small sentiment strip is from a pre-printed packet of strips purchased from Amazon.

That's all I have for you today.  Have a fantastic rest of the weekend and I hope you find some time to get creative.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:






16 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I have some Honey Bee stamps & dies on my desk right now, and they include a basket...and apples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful, thanks for sharing it with us at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge. Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, nice colors ☺️👏 congrats
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mums in the basket, Donna - love this!! Thanks for sharing at Die cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this over at the Triple B challenge and had to pop over to find out more details! What a stunning card! I love the way you placed the mums in the basket, and the shades of purple are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, this card is stunningly beautiful, love every single detail about it!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood and Triple B!
    Diane TSH DT and TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna a really beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Outlawz Colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning you have brought the layered die to life with the beautiful colours , its such an elegant card.Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge this week,
    we hope you will join us again,
    Crafty hugs,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Donna, this is just GORGEOUS!! Beautifully crafted! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & the Sisterhood of Crafters challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers are just lovely - wonderful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super gorgeous colors for these very lovely die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card Donna, love all the diecuts. Thanks for sharing at the Outlawz colour challenge. Ursula DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card Donna! Thank you for playing at the Outlawz Colour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous card!!! Thanks for joing our Challange over at the Crafty Gal Corner. -DT Chris

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!