Monday, October 9, 2023

Autumn Cascade

Hi Crafty Friends, Happy Monday!  I have a quick share today featuring the Autumn Cascade Layering Stencil from Simon Says Stamp. I had forgotten I purchased this stencil during Stamptember 2023 and while I was looking out my craft room window, I had an idea....


I have wide slated, wooden blinds on my craft room windows, and outside my window is a gorgeous hibiscus bush.  This scene gave me an idea to create a "window" with a blind, looking outside onto Autumn leaves.

I stenciled the leaves with Distress Oxide Inks and Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Paste.  Once dry, I've outlined the images with a fine tipped permanent marker and splattered with Gold Posca Paint Pen.


The panel was cut into 1" strips, then arranged on black card. The sentiment is from a ready to use package of Thanksgiving Sentiments, and has been popped on craft foam.  Lastly,  I've added a cluster of gold thread behind the sentiment strip for additional interest.

That's all I have for today.  I hope you have a fantastic week ahead, until next time - Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
 






9 comments:

  1. Donna this is stunning - love the window blind effect you have created, and your leaves are amazing!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your window blind and the beautiful scene outside, a gorgeous card Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful autumn card, Donna! Don't you love how we can find inspiration from everyday things? Great idea!! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is a real stunner too, so beautifully designed!
    Thank you so much for sharing again this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty.. Love the design. Thanks for sharing over at Alphabet challenge, Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever way to present your stenciled panel. It's beautiful and does remind me of venetian blinds. Loving the sparkle from the Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Paste. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely image and design. Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!