Thursday, February 15, 2024

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge #14

Hello Friends and Happy Thursday!  I trust you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and had the opportunity to spend time with the one/ones you love.

Today begins a new challenge month at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.  The theme is Always Anything Floral Goes with an Optional Mood Board used for Inspiration.  The mood board this month has an array of lovely colors:


For my design team project, I've used the digital stamp "Winter Flowers" from Alex Syberia Designs and colored the florals using Prismacolor Pencils.  This digital set contains a single image, which I've used here and a double image sized for an A2 card.  


I've kept the overall design fairly simple, using a die cut sentiment and foiled background panel received from card swap buddies.  I've fussy cut the floral image, popped on craft foam and nestled it into the lower right hand corner.


The thick black border is dramatic, it's a card panel but appears as a frame.  In hindsight, I should have used a frame and saved myself some black cardstock.  To finish the design, I've added complimentary pink enamel dots.

I invite you to join us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month.  There is a lovely floral stamp set from Studio Katia up for grabs, and of course, we always love seeing everyone's floral designs.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
AYLI - I like Digi stamps primarily for storage.  As I've gotten older, I've tried to maintain a clean and simple craft space and digi's don't take up much room.
CD Sunday +

12 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card. The colours you've used are a perfect match to the mood board photos.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the black contrast border works perfectly. Lovely card.
    Carol XX
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully coloured image set against a great background and sentiment,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  4. heel mooi kaartje, bedankt om mee te doen, groetjes Darline

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours you have used stand out beautifully against the background you have chosen. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, and I like the sentiment
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A realy pretty card with beautiful flowers, the sentiment made me smile. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that sentiment. And it is very true too. Those flowers are lovely too. I'm glad you joined us at TIOT. Thanks. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful and delicate card , congrats :)
    happy day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card with a lovely image. Thanks so much for joining us at the Ayli challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful! Love the gorgeous colors!
    Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card and the digital beautifully colored. Nice that you are participating in the Coloring with Pencils Challenge.

    Hugs, Astrid.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!