Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Paper Funday Challenges - April 2024

Hi Crafty Friends and Welcome to your Wednesday!  It's time for a new challenge month at The Paper Funday Challenge Blog and we have 2 great sponsors this month:  Rachelle Ann Miller and All Dressed Up.  The Optional Twist this month is:  Sweet Treats.

For my team project this month, I've colored the "Hang in There" digital stamp from All Dressed Up, using my Prismacolor Pencils. 


I've tried a new paper for coloring, one with more "tooth" and I'll say I am not happy with it.  Even though a paper with more tooth is supposed to be a better choice for pencil coloring, I prefer my 80 lb. Neenah Classic Crest Smooth paper.  Using this toothy paper left my coloring blotchy and very hard to blend.


I've blended a very subtle cloudy sky in the background, using a cloud stencil from My Favorite Things.  To add a bit more dimension, I've die cut some clouds, popped the smaller cloud on foam pads and outlined them with Crystal Stickles.  I die cut the focal panel using a nesting rectangle die from Kat Scrappiness.  

Here's a Tip:  I die cut the glitter mat using a frame die from Kat Scrappiness, which left a "hole" in the middle of the glitter mat.  No one knows the middle is missing and I have a piece of glitter card to use on another project.

We invite you to visit us at The Paper Funday Challenge and join in.  We are always amazed at the talent this crafting community has.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Park Hopping My Happy Place - Dumbo Ride at Magic Kingdom





8 comments:

  1. That wee elephant is quite the cutie, and you have made a wonderful card using him Donna
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! This little guy is sure to bring encouragement with the positive sentiment and bit of sparkle! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your elephant is absolutely precious! Your coloring is fantastic. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a gret day! Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorably cute cute little elephant and love those clouds too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun and is sure to brighten someone's day! Love it!
    Thank you so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card Donna and lovely colouring .it’s a very cute elephant and love the background

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soo cute!!! Thanks for playing in the SheeepSki Design challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute card of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!