Monday, July 15, 2024

Classic Design Challenge Jul/Aug 2024

Hello Friends and Welcome Back to my second post for this Monday! Today begins a new challenge at The Classic Design Challenge Blog and our generous sponsors this month are The Paper Shelter and Fred, She Said Designs.  The theme is Always Anything Goes with an Optional Twist.  The Twist this month is: Summer Holiday/Vacation.

For my team project, I've colored the Poinsettia & Holly digital image from Fred, She Said, using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.  This is officially my first Christmas Card of the 2024 holiday season!


This image comes in a set that includes a 4.25"x 5.5" card front panel, which is what I'm featuring here.  Now, this card was a comedy of errors, my green marker was going dry so I had to switch colors after the 1st leaf (see leaf to the upper right), then I wanted the stamen to be gold but after applying gold Posca Ink, they sort of got lost, so I dotted with black Posca ink - now they look like spider eyes.


The sentiment is included with the image, so no stamping a sentiment was needed.  I've covered the poinsettias and holly berries with Wink of Stella and dotted gold Posca ink around the floral clusters.  The Twist is always optional, but I thought that Christmas in July could be considered a Summer Holiday!    

We hope you'll join us this month and share your projects.  We hope to inspire you and love seeing everyone's creativity.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Dragonfly Dreams

10 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what an adventure making this card Donna - I had one that fought me today also. Love your end result though, it's beautiful.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely traditional looking Christmas card with beautiful Poinsettias, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and I like the dots of gold that you have added to the background. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas card turned out beautiful! Love the pretty poinsettias! Thank you for joining us at make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great celebration Christmas card! Thank you for joining us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see any problems Donna. All looks great to me.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty Christmas card and one more than I've made this year!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Your colouring is stunning. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to beat the poinsettia, beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. If everything always went smoothly, we'd get bored... Your card is gorgeous and the coloring is perfect in my eyes! Thank you so much, for playing with our Dream Factory challenge. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!