Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A Wooden Crate of Daisies




Hello Everyone!  I hope all is well with you and yours.

I love box cards and when I came across the tutorial for this sweet wooden crate of daisies I couldn't resist creating it myself.

The tutorial can be found on the Mixed Up Craft Site here:  Daisy Week.  This lovely lady has a wonderful talent for creating unique fold projects and this daisy box is no exception.  I followed her instruction but added my own spin on things.

I used beige 110 lb. cardstock for the crate base and sent the strips through the Cuddlebug using a wood grain embossing folder.  I inked the strips with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  For the flowers, I used an unbranded daisy die set I purchased from AliExpress and hand cut the stems from green cardstock.  The stems were a little too flimsy for my liking so I glued strips of paper together to give the stems some strength.   I colored the centers of the flowers with a yellow alcohol marker (Ohuhu Markers on Amazon).

I cut a circle using an unbranded circle die set I purchased on AliExpress and stamped a sentiment from the Scrapbooking Queen for the front of the box card.  I needed a place to write a sentiment so I cut out 2 mats, inked the edges with Vintage Photo, stamped the sentiment from a CardzTV Stamp Set and attached to the back of the flower crate.


This lovely daisy crate can be used as a shelf or desk sitter; it will also fold flat for mailing.  It will fit into a stand A2 card sized envelope.

I hope you enjoy my post today.  Till next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**I support the following challenges:  Always Happy Birthday May ChallengeCreative Knockouts Card Challenge - Friendship

2 comments:

  1. So Cute! Thanks for joining us at Always Happy Birthday.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are great.
    Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts. Good luck!!
    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!