Monday, April 30, 2018

Diamond Fold Birthday Card

I love to create cards with unique folds.  The standard portrait or landscape card is nice but a fancy fold card just makes a statement!

I often cruise Pinterest looking for inspiration and found a Diamond Fold Card.  After reading through tutorials, it seemed the card usually came out as a 4" x 4" square but I wanted a slightly bigger card so I followed directions from this Blog: Crafty Maria's Stamping Blog and added a 1/4 inch, making my card 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" square; just right for a standard A2 envelope (4.25" x 5.5").

Here is the front of my card.  I created a Birthday Card and used the Photo Play Collection Pack 12"X12"‑French Flea Market.  The papers in this Pack are gorgeous!

Instead of leaving the front as a diamond shape, I used one of the cut outs provided in the paper pack and adhered to the diamond on the front.  



I stamped the sentiment  on a plain white piece of cardstock and adhered inside; to the back of the diamond shape.



I added a lace paper doily, cut in half, on either side of the fold and also placed a whole paper doily right underneath the oblong cut out.  Presto....a beautiful Diamond Fold Card.  Give this fold a try...you won't be sorry and it's very easy to create.


Till next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

I support the following card challenges:  Always Happy Birthday Card Challenge


1 comment:

  1. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Always Happy Birthday.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!