Saturday, January 30, 2021

Bugaboo Saturday Challenge - Valentine's Jar

Hello and Happy Saturday!  I hope your past week was great and your weekend is better!  Today begins a new Saturday Weekly challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug blog.  The theme for this week is Recipe:  1 Ribbon, 2 Buttons and 3 Layers.  For my design team project, I created an Aperture card featuring the Valentine Jar digital stamp (**this image is the Friday Freebie this week!). 



I colored the image using my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers and to create the aperture, I die cut an oval opening in the front of the card base and the layer.  I also die cut the focal image using the same oval die so it would be a perfect fit and adhered to the inside of the card, lining up with the aperture opening.  The designer papers are from the Recollections "Love and Devotion" 12x12 paper pad and were used for the front and inner panels.  

For the Recipe Theme, I used 1 pink ribbon, 3 red pieces of card candy as I did not have small, red buttons and there are 3 layers.  The sentiment is from the Cardz TV "Mini Messages" stamp set and for a finishing touch, loads of Wink of Stella over the focal image (it's a shame the shimmer and sparkle doesn't show in the photos).

Please stop by Catch the Bug Challenge Blog and enter your make using the Recipe Theme, we would love to see what you create.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Donna

**Challenges Entered:





5 comments:

  1. Thankyou for sharing your beautiful card with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! I love your Valentine's card with the jar full of hearts. Very cool stamp. And the aperture on the front makes it original. I love the idea. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at Aud Sentiments. Valérie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna. This is AMAZEBALLS! Your coloring is superb and I love the aperture card design, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love the jar packed with love, made me smile! Thanks so much for entering the Aud Sentiments Challenge, Crafty hugs, Jenny (Ginger Ninja Crafts) xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!