Sunday, December 19, 2021

Altenew Academy Level 2: Polychromatic

Hello Crafty Friends and Thanks for visiting!  Today, I'm sharing my submission to the Altenew Academy Level 2 Course:  Polychromatic.  The course lessons detailed ways to create colorful projects using a variety of coloring mediums and explains the term Polychromatic and brought to my attention something I've been doing for years with actually naming it. 

The definition of Polychromatic is showing a variety of 2 or more colors; multicolored.  Polychromatic designs are my favorite and the style I most use.  For my project, I've used 3 complimentary colors, 1 of which uses a monochromatic palette to create a Card of Encouragement.


Using the Fantastic Floral Fantasies Creativity Cardmaking Kit by Altenew, I die cut the layering flowers using colored cardstock I created with Gansai Tambi watercolors.  I used light, medium and dark shades of pink for the florals and shades of greens for the leaves.   Prior to die cutting, I splattered the card with white paint and spritzed with Shimmer Mist.

I embossed a panel using a Basketweave patterned folder and adhered to a cardbase of 110 lb. Neenah Solar White card.  I arranged the florals and leaves and picked up the arrangement using Press and Seal plastic wrap.  *Tip:  using Press and Seal to pick up the arrangement keeps it together and makes it easy to adhere when ready.


The sentiment is die cut from a Christmas present I received from a dear crafty friend; I love the thin and scripty font.  Lastly, I've added black enamel embellishments from Kat Scrappiness.  The black sentiment and embellishments add the perfect amount of contrast to create a POP of color from this gorgeous florals and leaves.  

You're probably creating polychromatically without thinking about it.  I know I do as I love lots of color in my designs.  The Altenew courses are interesting and extremely useful in terms of ideas and inspiration.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

*Challenges Entered:










6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Donna. I like the contrast with the strong black sentiment. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna this is gorgeous - a fabulous die cut and a glorious colour in the flower. Love the subtle background you created too
    Stay safe
    Christmas blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the embossing, it is such an elevating touch!
    Thanks so much for dropping this wonderful project into our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    Shopping Our Stash, DT
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Challenge 26 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks super fantastic, Danielle! Thank you for your submission to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry! I the autocorrect corrected your name to Danielle from Donna!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!