Friday, May 27, 2022

Colour Crazy Challenge - Ching Chou Kuik

Hi Crafty Friends and Welcome to Friday!  I hope this is the beginning of your weekend and you have something fun planned.  Today begins a new challenge at The Colour Crazy Challenge Blog and our sponsor this fortnight is Ching Chou Kuik.  For my project, I've used the Keep in Faith digital image to create a page for my Art Journal.

I still have the People and Country of Ukraine on my heart and in my prayers so this page was created with them in mind.  I think the sentiment describes them perfectly.


I don't work directly on the card that's in my journal, I prefer to cut pieces of watercolor card measuring 5.25" x 7.75" and work on that, then adhere to a page in my journal.  Here I'm using a Strathmore 500 Series Mixed Media Art Journal and the pages can handle the products but I prefer to work outside of the journal first.

To start my process, I've colored the digital stamp using alcohol markers, fussy cut and set aside to work on the background.  I've used Catherine Pooler Inks in shades of yellow and orange and the smooshing technique to create a subtle background.  The background was too bright for my liking so I dry brushed white gesso over top and allowed to dry.


After the background was dry, I stenciled and splattered, set aside to dry again and set out to fussy cut some ephemera.  I have loads of ephemera in my stash so I picked out some vintage images I thought would look nice with my composition.  


Using Gel Mat Medium, I've adhered all images and washi tape to the background.  I've covered the images with gel medium because I wanted to use my PITT Artist Markers to highlight the images and to be able to smear the india ink in the markers, the syrface needs to be non-porous.  

For the finishing touches, I've added gold sequins and a sentiment from a booklet of sentiment strips by Tim Holtz.  That's all for my journal page...it's complete and now living comfortably in my journal.  Do you Art Journal?

Please visit us this round at The Colour Crazy Challenge, we hope to inspire you with our projects.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna 

**Challenges Entered:
Path of Positivity







10 comments:

  1. A fabulous page Donna - and that sentiment is a great one. I don't art journal... I sort of started, but find with my cards and other crafts I don't really have much time for anything extra :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal page is absolutely beautiful Donna, fabulous background, beautiful image and lovely sentiment. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page, with a positive sentiment and warm colours. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even before Ukraine entered all our hearts this was a colour palette that I always liked and now it has so much added meaning. You have created a super journal page Donna and lovely to see you at River of Creativity.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna your card is so pretty, even if I hadn't read your post, I would have known you were thinking of Ukraine--it is so good to keep everyone focused on the tragedy that is playing out there as they struggle to maintain their democracy. All the elements come together to tell a story and are so beautiful together. Thanks for caring and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos </a

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great journal page Donna, love the background and how you've incorporated the blue/yellow colour combo.
    Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty mixed media piece, beautiful that you introduced the colours of Ukraine in all of our hearts. Your image is beautifully coloured and I love the overlay of collaged butterflies. Such an inspiring way to start a new journal.
    Many thanks for sharing @ Creative Artist and joining in with our May Mixed Media challenge.
    Creative wishes Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page! Wonderful colors, sunflowers, and strong inspiring sentiment perfect for your page. So happy you shared this piece of art with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!