Monday, August 1, 2022

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge - Narly Mermaid

Hello Everyone and Welcome Back!  It's a new challenge week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies and our sponsor this challenge is Newton's Nook.  For my team project, I've created a fun card using the Narly Mermaids Stamp set from Newton's Nook (this set may now be retired as I was unable to find it in the shop).  I did locate it at The Frantic Stamper HERE.


To create my card, I started by stamping the little images included in the stamp set to create a background panel.  I decided to keep the panel black and white.  I've die cut an oval panel using a die from Alina Crafts and stenciled using the Waves Stencil from Sugar Pea Designs and Distress Oxide Inks.


To give the water scene more interest, I've splattered the panel lightly with water.  Distress Oxide Inks are water reactive, so the results were "bubbles".  After the oval was dry, I stamped the sentiment directly to the die cut and weaved Baker's Twine through the fancy scalloped edge.

The mermaid was colored using alcohol markers and has been adhered flat to the panel.  The panel has been popped on craft foam for dimension and clear sequins added for additional "bubbles".

Please join in the fun at Pammie's Inky Pinkies this week...you just may be a winner!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:





5 comments:

  1. Donna: This is really neat! I love the scalloped focal with the cording laced on it's edges! The focal background and image are fantastic! Thanks for linking your card to MTTC's new ocean/sea theme! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Donna, that background with the wave stencil is beautiful and I love all the stamped details. :) Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect scene of happiness for our challenge at INTAAS, thanks for joining us. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. I love the contrast between the white and black background and the rest of layers. And those stamps are adorable. Great job with the colouring. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Mirtillamente-Challenge Blog!
    \\Eve*mlj °owner & designer°° mirtillamente.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!