Monday, November 7, 2022

Inspiration Station Challenge #41 - Sunflowers and Pumpkins

Hi Friends and Welcome to my second post for today!  A new bi-weekly challenge round has started at The Inspiration Station Challenge Blog and the inspiration photo this round contains one of my favorite flowers!  


How stunning is this inspiration photo?  I wish I could have fields of sunflowers growing all around me.  Next to the Iris, Sunflowers are a favorite of mine in the summer and autumn.

I was inspired to create an Autumn themed card that, of course included sunflowers and I found this lovely image from Conie Fong in my stash.  It's the Sunflowers and Pumpkins digital image and it was just right! 


I've colored the image using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator Alcohol Markers and the patterned papers are from the Carta Bella "Hello Fall" 6x6 paper pad.  I love plaids, polkadots and ginghams in holiday themed projects.


I didn't follow a sketch per se, I made my own sketch.  I've die cut the focal image using a fancy tag die from Alina Craft.  Lastly, I've added gold sequins for extra shine.  We also want to announce we are partnering with the Double Trouble Challenge this round.  Please stop by their challenge HERE and play along.



We hope you'll visit the challenge blog, my teammates have created some lovely projects based on their intrepretation of the photo.  

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous design Donna and great coloring! Beautiful Fall inspiration! Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Autumn card and love the beautiful Sunflowers,and great design with the P.papers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft scalloped edge on the tag that contrasts with the graphic elements in the papers - and your colouring of the image is stunning. A fabulous card Donna
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we Southern girls love our sunflowers, they bloom twice a year here! Your card is fab. Love your coloring of the image and that scallop flag die is perfect in white with the plaids. Wanted to reply about your Banana Puddin' comment. Love your childhood memories of your mom making it! I had to LOL at one of my friends from up north commenting she had never had it before, I was like, WUT? Hey, if you like Southern recipes, we love Deep South Dish cooking blogger, Mary Foreman. She's in Biloxi and her hubby is Cajun, so she uses the Slap Yo Mama seasoning a lot and makes a mean roux, plus all the regular down home meals. We love her recipes. XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimeslee, it's a crying shame that your friend has not had 'Nana Puddin'...she's missing out! I love Southern Recipes and have Slap Yo Mama in my Spice Cabinet! I'll check out Mary Foreman!

      Delete
  6. Donna, your coloring talents are incredible! Love your card and choice of using the gingham patches for your background!! Thank you so much for sharing your creative talents and beautiful card with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful blending and highlighting on your coloring, and love the mixture of patterned papers for the background. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your DT card with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful image and such a great card. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and the wonderful DSPs really make this design stand out! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so very pretty! Fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sunflowers and it looks like you turned the tag upside down, which really turned out to be a quite striking background for your image. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our November "Anything Goes" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful autumn depiction, Donna! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #125.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!