Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Feb/Mar

Hello Friends and Happy Wednesday! I hope you had a lovely St. Valentine's Day, my hubby always buys me a box of chocolates and a card.  He always picks the best chocolates and thoughtful cards!

Today starts a new challenge month at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.  Projects must feature a floral as the focus and a mood board is provided for inspiration, the mood board this month is:


I decided to use the mood board as inspiration. I never think to put pink and yellow together, it is so fresh and Spring-like so my project was definitely inspired by those colors in the mood board.


Some time ago, I purchased the Stick and Stamp Mat from Brutus Monroe and this large floral stencil was included with the purchase.  I put the stencil away, knowing some day it would come in handy and I forgot about it.  Imagine the Light Bulb that went off above my head while I was shopping my stash and found it!


Using Distress Oxide Inks, I placed the stencil off center on the panel and blended the inks.  I splattered water and diluted pink ink over the panel and set it aside to dry.  The sentiment is from Altenew and I finished the card with clear iridescent sequins.

Please visit us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and see what lovely projects my teamies have created.  We hope to inspire you to play along.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Simply Create Too - I love Flowers and the colors Pink/Yellow as a combo













22 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! I love these colors together and your added splatters and sequins are the perfect finishing touches! You need to add this beauty to our Stencil Fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic use of the oversized stencil, Donna! Your oxides are so lovely in their overlapping, without changing to an orange color. But it is always your finishing touches that I marvel out. In this case, the water splatters remind me of summer days running through a sprinkler as my mom watered her garden. Lovely card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. 💗💗💗 This is stunning! Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge. Cheers, Makira
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
    https://mkccreate.home.blog/
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Donna! The stenciled flower is beautiful with perfect shading. So happy and spring like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO beautiful! Your stenciling is gorgeous and the colors are perfect! That was an awesome purchase! Well done my friend! BEAUTIFUL inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about pink and yellow, it's so uplifting. Your card is so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design of this card and the colours are so fresh. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Card, Donna!

    Congratulations on your selection as one of our Master Rockers in 2022! Your work inspired and delighted us! Thanks so much for your support!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, what beautiful card. That stencil you used is really nice. I have a lot of stencils and hardly use them. I guess I will have to dust them off and put them to use. Love the soft coloring you used, so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful Donna, and fabulous use of the mood board!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so pretty Donna! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another wonderful creation from the Splatter Queen! I bow in awe (I'm way too timid and then overdo, lol). Your hombre stenciling adds to the drama, stunning card. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super daisy and great use of the inspiration to bring this card to life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow, this is absolutely beautiful! I don't think I've ever paired pink and yellow either but it's so effective and your card is GORGEOUS!
    Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how soft this is. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at Colorful Options.

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO super pretty, Donna. Thank you for sharing your amazing cards with us at Word Art Wednesday. I know I say it often, but I really mean it - your art is a BLESSING to me and I appreciate you very much. Have a wonderfully blessed week and please stop by again soon.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. So wonderful to see fresh, spring colours! Beautiful card Donna!
    So pleased to see your entry here at Creations in Pink.
    This is a lovely project.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jackie DT @ Creations in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. I love the stencil. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty, love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Worldwide Crafters and Colourists Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous card!! Love the colors you used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!