Monday, March 20, 2023

Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge Mid Month Inspiration

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Monday!  I hope you had a glorious weekend and the weather was kind to you.  We had a chilly Sunday here in Florida along with some much needed rain.

Today is the mid-month inspiration post at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge Blog.  Jan released 2 new sets for March 2023:  Rain Dance and Dogwood Blooms.  My card today features the Rain Dance image and a sentiment from the set.


The sentiment makes this a sweet Card of Encouragement, and who doesn't need one of those from time to time?  I've colored the image using Prismacolor Pencils.


I've left the design sweet and simple but this card wasn't simple to start!  Let me explain - my HP printer would not feed this 80 lb card through so I went to my laser printer.  The laser printer prints fabulous lines on smooth card but on this paper I use for pencils (it's a bit textured as "tooth" is needed for successful pencil coloring and blending), it spit and sputtered the lines.  I had to go in with a Micron Fine Liner Pen to "fix" the stuttering but it's just not the same!  Anywho....I pulled my bottom lip up and carried on.  

I hope you'll hop over to the blog today and see all the lovely projects my teamies have made.  Also, join in the challenge - you have until the 2nd of April to enter.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes - April Showers Bring May Flowers (rain)




17 comments:

  1. So cute with those bold primary colors, Donna, and extra sweet with the jewels just before the water splashes at his feet!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and coloring Donna. I like how you did the raindrops in front of the umbrella, it gives a dimensional look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are living my life with the Laserjet and watercolor/mixed media paper! Been there. Finally found a 90# hot press and I felt like I'd died and gone to Heaven. Would love it to be thicker but beggars can't be choosers. If yours printed out anything like mine used to on cold press, then you did an exemplary job for sure with that Micron! And getting the flakes off, ugh! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really fun image that you've coloured beautifully. Your sentiment is, as you've said, very encouraging.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image and typical of April showers, thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping challenge and using the Spring option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card Donna, and so appropriate for the Spring challenge at We Love Stamping
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Donna,

    I see that you have left a comment on our Challenge blog Kleuren met potloden, but we have not received an email from you yet. Otherwise, would you like to email us for your price and your GDT?
    kleurenmetpotloden@gmail.com

    You made a beautiful card by the way.

    Hugs, Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable is this fellow in the rain! Perfect for the spring weather coming our way. Thanks so much for sharing this cutie with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sunday Songs and Rhymes. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card. There is something about rain and umbrellas here. I think it is because it is a way of life for us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Certainly a very topical scene at the moment . You have coloured and brightened the day already. Hugs Mrs A. P.s. don’t know why it is adding me in as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the image! Nice card! Thanks for accepting the play date at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great sentiment! Will have to remember that. I love the image you've used and the bright and cheery colours. A lovely card.

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still loving it! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it looks great, Donna - perfectly CAS,

    Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Donna. Love that you used the image and sentiment as the full front of the card. Thank you for entering the Inspired by a Moodboard Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you in need of financial assistance?
    I'm writing from Scotland I would recommend Dr Pedro  a loan lender that grant me a loan of 490,000 Pounds to innovate my business with the loan repayment of 4 years on a loan rate of 3% annual return and I have been paying for the loan now for about 2 years and I have also recommend Dr Pedro to my sister which she was also grant a loan so I will say Dr Pedro is a financial supporter with an understanding and kind situations.Dr Pedro email contact is pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!