Sunday, April 23, 2023

Aloha Forever

Happy Sunday Friends!  I have a quick share for you this afternoon featuring a Tropical theme.  I felt like being creative today but didn't feel like getting out loads of supplies for stamping, coloring and etc.  I set about rummaging through my stash to see what I could use and found some puffy stickers.


I purchased several puffy sticker packs at the Dollar Tree a few years ago, when things were STILL a $1...instead of the current $1.25.  I thought they were cute and I would use them on scrapbook layouts (which I've yet to make) or sharing with swap friends.  Instead, they ended up in a drawer.


I used a small acrylic block and Catherine Pooler Inks to create the background.  I applied the ink to the stamping block, spritzed with water and "stamped" the color on the panel.  I splattered Dina Wakely Black Spray Ink and once all was dry, I applied the stickers.

To finish it off, I've adhered color shifting sequins and Calypso Blue Twine; both from Fun Stampers Journey.  This card was quick and easy - I never broke a sweat!  

Have a fantastic week ahead and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:








11 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful, colourful card, Donna. It made me smile to myself reading about your puffy sticker purchase and plans, yet the stickers ended up in a drawer for a few years :) We all do this, time and time again, but hey, you found them and put them to great use. Brilliant job with the monoprint block backgrounds!
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” April Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Donna, and a great way to use up your stickers. Love your background - I must use that technique more! Thanks for the inspiration and reminder
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A striking card with the different panels of interest Donna, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stickers were such a great find, love how this card turned out! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great way to finally use those stickers, it looks awesome. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all buy and forget don't we, but what a great find Donna, they have made a fun and wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great acrylic block stamping and I love your use of these puffy stickers. I have loads of stickers I need to get used up that I bought so many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Donna. I like the use of the different color blocks behind the images/sentiment. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful card, I love that style. Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic layout and I love how you shopped your stash for things that you haven't used - I need to do this more. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Polkadoodles challenge. I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!