Sunday, August 20, 2023

Natural Silhouettes

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Sunday!  I hope your weekend is going well and you're rested enough to face the coming week.  I have a quick share today featuring a silhouette image that has been heat embossed.

Using the Gina K. Designs Natural Silhouettes Stamp set, I've created a quick and easy Card of Encouragement for a dear friend.


To start, I've cut random sized strips of colored card snippets in Autumn colors, then glued to another lightweight piece of scrap card (I cannot bring myself to throw out scrap card - colored or white).  I stamped the image and sentiment, then heat embossed using fine detail Gold powder from Ranger.


I've popped the panel on craft foam and adhered to a Kraft card base.  Lastly, I've added gold sequins and called it complete.  I did add a panel of vanilla card to the inside and stamped the same silhouette image onto it using brown ink.  This gives me a brighter place to write my message, and the card base isn't as heavy as I tend to use, so the added panel inside gives the card a nice weight.

This was a quick and easy card to create and a great way to use up those snippets of colored card, which I have loads of (what about you?).  

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
613 Avenue Create
Night Owls - I love silhouette images and heat embossing

8 comments:

  1. yes, loads of snippets of card, Donna - I hear you :).
    Love this - the gold on the autumnal colours is beautiful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used those scraps! What a great creative way to use them. Thank you so much for joining us and I hope to see you again on the front porch at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful project. I love the colours and the layout so much.
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at Nachteulen Challenge. Good luck and best wishes!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your design, great use of snippets, the gold embossing looks gorgeous against the beautiful autumnal colours. Thank you for joining us at crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your colorful card with nice gold embossing. But I am wondering: did you use an embossingfolder too?
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lia, no just the heat embossing this time.

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous Donna, I love the colour strips with the beautiful gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. What a great wat to use you scrap strips.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!