Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Flower Journey #904

Hi Friends!  I hope you're having a Terrific Tuesday.  I have a quick share for you today featuring a lovely image from the AALL & Create "Flower Journey #904" Stamp Set, designed by Tracy Evans.

I stumbled across Tracy Evans on You Tube, and was intrigued by her style of designing.  I'm not very good at mixed media but I do like to sit and have a play, sometimes I'm pleased and other times I look at my completed project and say Hmmmm This is one of those Hmmm cards...and I thought I would share it.


To start, I created a mask our of low tack wide tape and blended Catherine Pooler inks in shades I thought looked nice together.  I also stamped various images, from small sets in my stash, in the background using a gray ink.  


After everything was dry, I stamped the focal image along with the words that are included in this set.  To finish everything off, I've added gold sequins and white acrylic paint splatters.  Before adhering to the card base, I thought it needed a bit more so I inked around the edges with a medium shade of brown ink.  

It's fun to be messy sometimes, to sit and allow yourself to just go with the flow.  Creating these types of projects are out of my comfort zone but I do it anyway; it's good for the mind and creative spirit!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:









14 comments:

  1. Love the mixed media look to your card - thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You "Hmmm" card is gorgeous Donna and using one of my favourite A&C sets, but they are all lovely (could say I'm biased).

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge and following the Trees/Leaves option. Lovely to see you at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in this design and the lovely stamping too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about your hmmmm card... the blending and the messy splattering, word stamp and embellishment. This too is not among my comfort zone; but I should do as you do and just go with the flow. Beautiful card, I may have to check out Tracy's you tubes.... ooops, I just did and watched three, it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks absolutely perfect to me, so beautifully done and love how you blended the inks. I've had an Aall and create whishlist ever since my blogging friend Brenda introduced me to their stamps and so glad I finally started my collection!
    So nice to see you this week at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it’s a stunning card! It really caught my eye when I was browsing the Allsorts’ entries so I had to come by to say how lovely it is. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I think it is just GORGEOUS!!! Great job my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unique and clever, Donna! I like the mixed media vibe and the colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #147. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think sometimes going out of your usual style makes you even harder on yourself when it's done, but seriously, your card is awesome! I love the mixed media look and those colors are great together. Thanks for playing along at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping and at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. This certainly is not a "Hmmm" card by my eyes Donna, it is gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Donna, messy being beautiful. Love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's a great card and I'm glad you shared it at Stamping Sensations. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, I love the colours. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!