Monday, September 4, 2023

Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge - Peppermint Santa

Hello Friends and Welcome Back!  Today starts a new challenge month at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge Blog and Jan has released 3 new sets for the month of September:  Pumpkin Pie, Halloween Treats and Peppermint Santa.  For my project, I've used the Peppermint Santa digital set to create one of my first cards for this Christmas Season. 


I've colored the images using Prismacolor Pencils and kept the card design fairly simple by showcasing a large focal image on my card.  The sentiment is part of this digital set and I've fussy cut it so it wouldn't cover up too much of the scene, then popped the strip on craft foam for dimension.


Lastly, I've highlighted parts of the images with a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Pen and added green faux gems.  I like this style of Santa Claus; Jan's drawings remind me of vintage with a touch of whimsy, and now we know how Candy Canes are really made!

Please visit us at the challenge this month.  Be certain to stop by the Jan's Digi Stamps Shop for the Fall is Falling Sale, there are 10 Autumn themed sets specially priced through the end of this month.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:




11 comments:

  1. OH! He is fabulous, love how you have shown him off, a wonderful card Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image, what a brilliant card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card with great colouring. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the best, Donna! What a fun image! I love how the artist has created so much movement; I swear you can see Santa moving that paintbrush and that little dog licking along! I have to add, you are an expert with those pencils!! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. A popular card but beautifully done.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great image from Jan. I like simplicity of the layers too.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job! Thank you for showcasing "Peppermint Santa" and sharing it with others!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image and beautifully coloured
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB make (loving the chosen image) AND deploys NBUS too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your project!
    Thank you for participating in Mirtillamente's Challenge.
    Hope to see you again.
    Good luck!!
    Roberta DT Mirtillamente

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!