Sunday, June 9, 2024

Take to the Sky

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Sunday!  I hope your weekend is going well and you're staying cool.  It's a bazillion degrees here in Florida, with severe storms in some areas so I've spent most of the weekend indoors and around my craft table.

Today, I'm sharing a fun masculine card design that I've created for dear hubby's Father's Day.  I've combined some new products from Stampin' Up and I'm quite pleased with the results.


I've followed a card sketch found on Pinterest, I like to use card sketches when my mojo is less than 100%, they seem to get me motivated.  The image has been simply colored using Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, then die cut and popped on foam pads.  


I didn't want to do a sentiment strip, so I had the idea to use a postage die and stamp on that.  The postage die came to mind when I think of how my happy mail gets to my buddies overseas.  The patterned designer series papers are from a 12x12 paper pack by Stampin' Up.  

Lastly, I've added textured dots to complete the design.  You can find all the supplies I've used here:

Thanks for stopping by today and until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:
Double D Challenge - New is Stamp Set, Old is Postage Die, and Blue color
Make My Monday - "B" is for Biplane

14 comments:

  1. Saw your wonderful plane (not plain by any means) card at Simon Masculine challenge which I entered using SU Trusty Tools. I grew up E coast FL so I know about the hot temp and now in N TX it is hot 80+, will be 90+ this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by today and leaving me a comment. I used to live in Texas (Midland/Odessa) so I cannot seem to get away from the heat! LOL

      Delete
    2. In Plano, TX (N TX) and now following you.

      Delete
  2. So perfect, Donna! I almost did this one myself, lol, a new order over-rode it, lol. LOVE your layers and detailed here, so stunning! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card!! One of my favorite sets!! And I love the layout--your sentiment on the postage die is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great sketch and wonderful image, thank you so much for sharing at I spy with my little eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done and great job on the coloring. This is a great set and having fun with it is so easy. Thanks for playing with the SUOC

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous masculine card, I've been seeing this image around and it seem quite popular and I can see why as it is fantastic! Adding it to my 'wish list'!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this with the punny sentiment! Your sketch and coloring are perfection. I'm glad you were able to share this with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Donna. I love the design with that perfect cloud paper and the sentiment is so fun. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful design, and fab guy card ! Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this bundle and you used it perfectly. Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, Donna! I love how the textured dots on the corners of your layers make me think of rivets on a plane. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've come back to see what I have missed Donna, I thought I had commented on this card. So glad to have another opportunity. It's a wonderful design and masculine card. x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!