Sunday, September 15, 2024

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge #21 - Sep/Oct 2024

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy Sunday to you. Today begins a new challenge month at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.  Our optional mood board contains gorgeous seasonal colors, which inspired my card today.


For my card, I've used the "Like a Sunflower" Stamp Set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  I stamped onto Tim Holtz watercolor paper and water colored using my Gansai Tambi paints.


After the paint was dry, I masked off the edges of the panel using Pixie Tape from iCraft and lightly inked around the inside of the masked area using Catherine Pooler inks.  This method was directly inspired by Jill Foster with Penny Black.


I've kept the design simple, the cardbase is Pecan Pie card from Stampin' Up, the green mat is Mossy Meadow, also from Stampin' Up.  Lastly, I've added clear droplets from Kat Scrappiness.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the image.

I hope you'll pop over to the challenge and share your Floral Focused projects with us.  Until next time, Happy Crafting!

Donna

**Challenges Entered:







10 comments:

  1. A beautifully colored sunflower and the masking behind is perfection, beautiful water coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning sunflower, beautiful autumnal palette, lovely design with the background masking. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunflower card Donna - the colouring is gorgeous and the focal flower really pops! Thanks so much for sharing with this month’s “I Spy” challenge.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning and a fab sentiment too. Thanks for sharing with us at We love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll start again, made a real hash of that comment!

    A lovely design with the sunny Sunflower and a lovely sentiment to go with it, many thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful with these stunning autumn colors and the sunflower is so pretty! Thank you so much for joining in the fun at I spy with my little eye challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO pretty, Donna. I love the flower and all your wonderful touches to this super sweet card. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday and please stop by again soon. I always appreciate and enjoy your wonderful art. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sunflower card. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sunflower. They are such happy flowers. Your inked background is brilliant too. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! Thanks so much for visiting me!